Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Overheard my boyfriend (25M) of 3 years talking shit about me (24F) on the phone with his best friend (20F)

We have been together for 3 years, living together since 2 years.

Me and my boyfriend are currently renovating a house (its his) together and plan on moving in in May. Working full time, keeping our flat clean/doing household chores and afterwards helping with the renovation of his house is physically just not possible for me, so I usually go there on the weekends to help him with things like painting the walls or cleaning the windows.

Yesterday we were having a few drinks and just chatting a little bit. He had 3 beers and I had 2 glasses of wine. It was a nice evening until we started disagreeing on a rather minor topic. This disagreement was then escalating so I decided to just let it be and maybe talk it out another day. I went to bed leaving him alone in the living room. Between our bedroom and our living room is a long corridor from which you can also reach the bathroom.

I lay in bed approximately 10 min until I opened the door to our corridor in ordert o go to the toilet. While standing in front of the closed living room door I overheard him complaining about me to his best friend on the phone so I decided to wait a moment and listen. He talked about how I would absolutely not help him with the house, that I would owe him 15.000,00 € and take all his money and throw it out the window. That he knows that I lied to him about also putting money in my savings account because he talked to my financial advisor.

These are all lies. I work full time and earn my own money. It is enough for me to pay for my own things and also put money in my savings accounts, which very much exist. I also don’t owe him any money.

So while standing there (I also recorded him saying these things because he tends to portray things different afterwards) I got very angry and when he talked about me supposedly lying about my savings accounts I bursted into the living room asking him why he would lie about that. He just shrugged me off and continued talking on the phone so I went to bed again feeling miserable. After finishing his call he came to the bedroom. He accused me of spying on him and breaking his trust when listening to his conversation with his friend without him knowing. I explained to him that I just overheard it while intending to go to the toilet and when I heard him ranting about me I listened a few minutes and that what I heard were all lies. I confronted him with what I overheard and he got angry saying that I was making it up and that he never said those things. I told him that I recorded it and he lost it. He left.

Today before work I told him that we needed to talk later. I am just so confused and don’t know what to do. Was I wrong to listening to his conversation and should I apologise? I also feel very hurt about how he portrayed me to her and that he lied about things. I just don’t know what to do. I love him very much and I have never been at this point before where I even consider breaking up.

tl;dr overheard a conversation between my (24F) boyfriend (25M) and his best friend (20F) which I was not supposed to hear. He was talking shit about me, portraying me like some sort of gold digger which I am absolutely not



Submitted April 22, 2021 at 12:07AM by laura778899 https://ift.tt/3ncaSeA
Overheard my boyfriend (25M) of 3 years talking shit about me (24F) on the phone with his best friend (20F) Overheard my boyfriend (25M) of 3 years talking shit about me (24F) on the phone with his best friend (20F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.