Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it ok to keep romantic/explicit cards, notes, and gifts from exes?

I [F27] was pulling some textbooks from my bookshelf and some of my bf’s [M30] binders fell over and contents spilled out. I have never peeked inside. I thought it just held identification or work-related documents. It turns out he keeps old cards and notes from (I’m assuming) exes. There were cards with long messages and lots of hearts (didn’t read, just glanced) and some flimsy old gift receipts with short but explicit/sexual messages (did read, wish I didn’t). Mixed in with all that was a heartfelt card I gave him for his birthday. He also has shown me deeply personal gifts (painted portrait, personalized couples items) that he kept from an ex, but didn’t reveal exactly who gave it to him until recently.

In the moment, I had felt a deep sadness in my gut and a twinge of jealousy, but it passed quickly. I know he loves me and he shows me everyday. I just don’t understand why he would keep these artifacts? After I break up, I get rid of old notes and cards from my exes, and especially anything with romantic and sexual expressions of love. Even things that remind me of them have to go. I know haven’t truly moved on until I’m able and eager to let those items go.

TL;DR Is there anyone that keeps deeply sentimental notes and gifts from exes, and what is the rationale?



Submitted April 21, 2021 at 05:18PM by throwawaypandoras https://ift.tt/32yZ5xe
Is it ok to keep romantic/explicit cards, notes, and gifts from exes? Is it ok to keep romantic/explicit cards, notes, and gifts from exes? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.