Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband (35M) and his brothers (28, 32, 37) barely talk to each other

UPDATE: Thank y’all for the feedback! I am definitely intrigued by everyone’s relationship with their siblings. I guess I was brought up by the saying, “Blood is thicker than water.” My siblings and I aren’t all besties but we keep in touch. What my husband and his brothers have is better than nothing. Despite their differences, they’re still cordial and respectful of each other. If he gets sad about it again, I’ll just continue to tell him that they may be busy with work, school, kids, etc.

My husband (35M) and I (32F) have been married for 7 years. He has 3 brothers. He is the shyest/introvert. They each look completely different and have different personalities and religious/political beliefs. Throughout the years together, I noticed none of the brothers really have a relationship together. Yes, we will get together for birthdays and holidays. They will say hi and shake hands. But other than that, they don’t hang out or engage in conversations with other. Two of the brothers moved out of state about 3-5 years ago. They used to be about 30 minutes away from each other. My husband used to try to invite them to do things. They did initially but after so many no’s, he gave up. They will text each other once a year Happy Birthday. I just find it different and honestly a little sad. I know they care about each other. They don’t fight.

I talk to/text my siblings (all out of state) at least once a week or every other week. When we do talk, it’s at least an hour of catching up.

Is this normal? Is it a boy thing? My brothers sometimes will take longer to reach back out to me. Also should mention, the oldest is a momma’s boy. They talk multiple times a day, whereas she talks to my husband maybe once a week. My husband has mentioned a few times the favoritism she has of the oldest brother. The mom also organizes a bunch of gatherings outside of typical holidays, which is sometimes exhausting, for us to spend time together, but it’s mostly for our kids. I talk to my (future and current) sister-in-laws a lot.

I know it makes my husband sad. He’s said it a few times but doesn’t talk about it too much. He will sometimes say, “X brother doesn’t want to talk to me.” I’ll remind him he can initiate it too.

TL/DR: My husband and his brothers barely talk to each other. They’re not fighting, but are very different people. Is this normal? Curious to hear what type of relationships other people have.



Submitted April 21, 2021 at 08:08AM by southernbitterness https://ift.tt/3dDZtRh
My husband (35M) and his brothers (28, 32, 37) barely talk to each other My husband (35M) and his brothers (28, 32, 37) barely talk to each other Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.