Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25F] boyfriend [25M] of a year really wants me to move in to his apartment but won't give me any space for my biggest hobby

My boyfriend and I have a really great relationship. We are long distance (5hr drive) but recently he asked me to move in to his apartment. I was very excited because I had been hoping for that for a while. But, before I do, lots of things need to get sorted out (transferring my job to his town, paperwork so my dog can live with us, transferring my professional license to a new state, finding a doctor in the area, etc) . So I am not going to be "officially" moved in and on the lease for probably 3ish months, but we got the ball rolling on getting these things sorted out. His apartment is pretty small but expensive due to the area, so we have a budget where I pay 30% of the bills because I make 30% of our combined income, which we both think is fair.

I really love jigsaw puzzles, they're my main hobby. I want to bring my art and puzzle desk when I move in. However, there is extremely limited space Currently, his furniture is all mismatched as he just moved in a couple months ago himself, and we are slowly getting actual furniture. But I asked him if we could get rid of a table in the kitchen for me to put my desk and art stuff, because if the table wasn't there it would be a perfect area for mine. He doesn't want to. I think he's being unreasonable about this because the table is not used for anything, and has no sentimental value, it doesn't match anything, (my table does) and he was planning to get rid of it anyway in the future. I really don't know why he doesn't want to. I told him anything I buy for that area will come out of my pocket and he doesn't have to worry. (edit: I should include that his reasoning is because we might want to use that table for eating or something, but we have never eaten there and there are other places we do)

So right now I am kinda concerned about not having any area for my own hobby when I move in. I feel like I deserve a space since I am paying what we both agree is a fair amount, and I do a lot of the housework already. I also spend a LOT of time on these puzzles, and I don't want to have to do them on the coffee table because he'd probably complain about them getting in the way all the time. (Also I should mention that I can't just use the current table for my puzzles as it is not suited for the stuff I would use it for)

I just was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to talk to him about this.

**tl;dr** Boyfriend wants me to move in and I think he's being unreasonable about not giving me any space to do puzzles which is my biggest hobby.



Submitted February 09, 2021 at 02:13AM by Opening_Exam_4476 https://ift.tt/3tGIMea
My [25F] boyfriend [25M] of a year really wants me to move in to his apartment but won't give me any space for my biggest hobby My [25F] boyfriend [25M] of a year really wants me to move in to his apartment but won't give me any space for my biggest hobby Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 09, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.