Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22f) friend (22m) seems to feel entitled to a relationship with me and I think I might be at fault

xpost from r/r_a. My friend Luke and I have been friends for 5-6 years, we originally started out as a couple but it was only like 2 months and it was a middle school relationship so it didn't really mean anything. We stayed friends through high school and college, both dated other people. After I broke up with a longterm boyfriend (3 yrs), Luke helped me through it and we became a lot closer. We hooked up a couple of times while drunk but when we talked about it afterwards I made it clear I didn't want to be in a relationship with him or date him and it was just sex for me. I regret it now because I think having sex definitely led to more feelings building up on his end, and I probably should have known better.

Anyway, I started seeing a new guy recently and Luke was extremely upset when I told him. He said some very "nice guy" stuff, like how he had been such a good friend to me and that I'd regret choosing some "turd from tinder" over him. He said he had been trying to change himself into someone I would want to date (I never asked or even implied he should do anything like that) and told me not to bother visiting him at his college anymore over spring break. He also said his friends weren't going to like me anymore because of this.

I'm angry because it feels extremely entitled for him to be thinking this way but I also don't know if it was my fault since we hooked up. I wouldn't say it was a completely coherent decision from either of us given how drunk we were, but when we were sober we had a conversation about it and I thought I made myself clear. I just don't really know where to go from here I guess. How do I talk to him about this or do I just cut him out?

tldr; hooked up with good friend but told him I didn't want anything more, now he's angry im dating someone else



Submitted February 01, 2021 at 01:40PM by fakemantis https://ift.tt/3riqVrI
My (22f) friend (22m) seems to feel entitled to a relationship with me and I think I might be at fault My (22f) friend (22m) seems to feel entitled to a relationship with me and I think I might be at fault Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.