Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [33F] am trying to make a better life for us, and he [34M] is playing video games.

I think that we can see where this post is going with the title... I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We live together. I have a son. He also has a son. Everything is pretty hunky dory. We never really "fight" but when we have disagreements, it's pretty civil because we respect each other. However, as of late I have found that my respect for him is starting to wane and I am becoming a little resentful because of his lack of motivation and life goals.

I already had a BS in psychology (lol) and have decided that I do not want to pursue further degrees in the field. I recently decided to go back to school to become a nurse. Long story short, I am working my ass off trying to make a better life for us. Here I am working full-time and going to school full-time while also trying to spending time with the kids and be an attentive parent. He spends every evening on his laptop playing WOW while sometimes pitching in with the housework/kids after I get pissed.

I get so frustrated that he has no desire to better himself. His job will pay for schooling, and he has absolutely no desire to go to school because he "hates" school. However, he has no problem complaining about how little money he makes. It's a really simple equation go to school= more money. Not always but it most cases, it does. I know, I know. I can't change him. If our goals don't align then dump him. The thing is for the most part, he's a really great guy. It's just been the last year that he started playing WOW again, which I didn't mind initially, but now it just gets under my skin. Of course he would say why does it matter if I am doing school work all the time. There's a fundamental difference in those two activities! One is to ultimately better the quality of our lives, and the other one is for what, entertainment?

I make a decent salary right now but after school, it will increase significantly. I own the house we live in. I have bought all the furniture that he now too enjoys. Everything in the house minus the fridge, I have put my hard earned money into. I know that in a relationship money isn't everything but I am not so sure that I want to be the breadwinner. Also money is a necessary evil that can't be avoided. I worry about the future, retirement, emergencies, and being able to do the things that I want to do like travel, etc. In the long run, I just see get more and more frustrated with the difference of goals or lack thereof.

I know you are all going to say that if our goals don't align, and that is a deal breaker for me, then we should go our separate ways. I feel like this is going to come to a head very soon. I really just want to hear from others who have gone through this situation, and how it panned out.

TL;DR I am going to school to better our lives and my live-in boyfriend is just playing WOW.



Submitted February 14, 2021 at 12:41PM by struggle-bus17 https://ift.tt/3qyCB9O
I [33F] am trying to make a better life for us, and he [34M] is playing video games. I [33F] am trying to make a better life for us, and he [34M] is playing video games. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 14, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.