Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My sister (26) has owed me (23) over $1,000 for almost 2 years, but is unemployed and blows all her unemployment money on going out. How do I tell her this upsets me?

Two years ago, my sister and I had been roommates for about 3 years. I had always wanted my own place, so I told her about 2-3 months before our lease expired that I had decided to finally live on my own.

Unfortunately, she lost her job and didn’t have enough money to pay her half of rent one month; so, I paid for it.

The next month, she couldn’t afford rent for that period, either. So, I paid for it—again.

She’s always made time for goofing off, but never seems to put in the same effort to bring herself financial stability or security.

I told her how upset it makes me that she constantly goes out and goofs off with her friends who are only willing to pay for her to hang out with them but not help her when it comes to important things (like rent or other bills she’s been late on), but always comes to me when she needs help with monetary matters. In her response, she agreed that her friends “may be toxic”, but they’re “still [her] friends”. Deep-down, I think she‘s too afraid to be alone, even if that means her own well-being is compromised.

Unfortunately, paying for her rent caused me to eat into my savings so much that I couldn’t move into my apartment when planned because I didn’t have enough money for the [$300] utility deposit (granted, I wasn’t told about until the day of when I was supposed to receive the keys—but regardless, it still makes me mad). So, I didn’t move in until about a week or two after the fact once I had finally made enough money to pay it.

Fast-forward almost 2 years later, and she’s currently unemployed because she lost her job. There are plenty of people hiring in our city, but from what she’s told me, she seems to think any job below what she typically works is beneath her (which is still an entry-level job). So, she’s riding off unemployment benefits.

All she does it repost dumb memes on Facebook all day and Snapchats of her going out or goofing off with her friends. She even asks me when her and I are hanging out next because we haven’t seen each other in forever (since I moved out almost 2 years ago, to be exact).

But I honestly don’t even want to hang out with her anymore. I don’t even care about the money, but instead the principles of it all: how it effected me, how I expressed my feelings about it, and how she still doesn’t seem to care. I genuinely don’t care what she does with her life; but, at the end of the day, she still chooses to be selfish and goof off instead of getting her shit together enough to at least pay me back.

She’s offered a couple times since then to pay a little bit of it back, but it was only $50. Also, I told her I’d prefer to wait to receive it in one payment to avoid confusion of keeping track of many small ones.

It’s been almost 2 years, and I’m still upset. Do I tell her (again) that it still upsets me? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

TLDR: how to tell sister that she doesn’t seem to care.



Submitted September 25, 2020 at 04:34PM by heyyyitsssmeee https://ift.tt/340QnYT
My sister (26) has owed me (23) over $1,000 for almost 2 years, but is unemployed and blows all her unemployment money on going out. How do I tell her this upsets me? My sister (26) has owed me (23) over $1,000 for almost 2 years, but is unemployed and blows all her unemployment money on going out. How do I tell her this upsets me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.