Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28F) am a recovering drug addict and my friend from rehab (27F) is guilt tripping me and telling me I'm not of value to her.

I have been out of rehab for 20 days and my new friend has been guilt tripping me for being sick during COVID and not coming to meetings or the gym with her. For the past week she has been extremely distant because I've been ill and has been texting me messages like, "you didn't even come to a meeting today," "are you even sick?", etc. I called her to talk to her and she made it clear she has no interest in speaking to me. When I told her she seems disappointed in me, she said "it makes no difference to me if you decide to show up or not." My feelings are extremely hurt because she is/was an important part of my recovery and I don't have many friends in the city I currently live in. It is also important to note that I am at a very fragile stage in my life where sobriety is new and scary to me after 7 years of using.

Is this a toxic relationship or otherwise a threat to my recovery? Is this person even a friend? Thank you in advance.

TL;DR: I am afraid that my guilt tripping friend from rehab is a threat to my recovery.



Submitted September 25, 2020 at 02:33AM by theycallmenine https://ift.tt/3mQiYJ8
I (28F) am a recovering drug addict and my friend from rehab (27F) is guilt tripping me and telling me I'm not of value to her. I (28F) am a recovering drug addict and my friend from rehab (27F) is guilt tripping me and telling me I'm not of value to her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.