Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think my boyfriend (M38) may be a racist?

TL;DR my boyfriend of 7 years and I just had a heated discussion regarding the riots from the murder of George Floyd. We're on either sides of the argument - is this breakup worthy?

My boyfriend and I (both white) were discussing the riots spurred from the murder of George Floyd. He is on the side that if the police ask you to disperse, you should disperse. I showed him the video of the NYPD participating in obvious police brutality against peaceful protesters. There's a compilation on Twitter, about two minutes of blatant police oppression, through which I was crying a little. He said that they were keeping the peace. I said Americans have a right to protest, it's our first amendment and all that. He said effectively that black people interact with cops in a more confrontational way that leads to escalation. I said well, don't they have a right to be defensive after everything the American government & police force has done to them?

Am I dating a racist? We obviously have VERY different views regarding this sensitive topic... that which I feel like is a "break-up worthy" one. We've been dating for 7 years and just bought a house together, so it's not as easy as just leaving. What do I do?



Submitted June 01, 2020 at 08:25PM by loveveggie https://ift.tt/3dqajYO
I think my boyfriend (M38) may be a racist? I think my boyfriend (M38) may be a racist? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.