Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I reached out to my crush. It didn’t work out, but I’m proud and mostly at ease (19 M)

So, me and this girl got really close the first semester of college. It was this long distance thing, and the timing when we met really sucked, but there was clearly something there. We spoke about potentially dating, but the distance was just too hard. We stopped talking in January so that we could give each other space. I hadn’t heard from her since then, but I often found myself thinking about her because I had never liked a girl that much nor have I ever gotten close to getting serious with any other girl. I hadn’t heard from her since we stopped talking, and I constantly wrestled with the decision to text her or not. Last week, out of no where, I grew the balls to text her. I knew going into it that there was a low chance she would want to hear from me, but we‘re home for the summer, so I thought it was worth a shot. Honestly, I could tell she wasn’t that interested. She was super friendly, but I was clearly driving the conversation. The second day of texting our topic of conversation reached a natural end, and rather than badgering her with questions, I knew it was the right thing to back off. If she was interested, she would text me something outside of that conversation. We haven’t spoken since, so I get the picture. It’s been 6 months, so it makes sense that the feelings subsided. Would I have loved for her to be super excited to hear from me and want to do stuff with me? Of course. However, I have an odd sense of happiness right now. I don’t find myself thinking about her nearly as often. I think I found some closure that our last conversation didn’t give me. I’m a little embarrassed about it not working out because some of my friends knew that I reached out to her and now I have to explain that it didn’t work out, and also now if I ever see her (which Is super unlikely), I’ll feel kinda like a loser for her not being interested in me anymore. I’m proud though, I didn’t think I could grow the courage to text her and I did.

TLDR: reached out to my crush. She wasn’t interested, so I backed off. Proud of myself



Submitted June 02, 2020 at 09:59PM by mysecret__account https://ift.tt/2XUMnGp
I reached out to my crush. It didn’t work out, but I’m proud and mostly at ease (19 M) I reached out to my crush. It didn’t work out, but I’m proud and mostly at ease (19 M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.