Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I [25/m] right in feeling absolutely humiliated with the way my father [54/m] kept asking me to lend him money?

I am an Indian and I graduated from college 2 years ago and started working full time at a software company. My father is retired and is trying to run a business which isn't going so well.

Within a few months after I started working, he started asking me for some money and promised to return it soon. I agreed since I thought it was a one time request but over the next few months, he kept calling and texting me and kept pestering me into giving him money. Within a span of 1 year, I already lent him in total an amount of money (5 lakhs INR) which was a little less than my in-hand annual salary at the time

He then calls me a few months ago and tells me to take a big loan from the bank (10 lakhs INR) and give the money to him and promises to pay the EMIs himself. I refused so he started calling and texting over and over again. I kept refusing so he started guilt tripping me by saying all sorts of shit like you've become selfish and money minded, I paid for your education so you owe me and what not.

It felt absolutely humiliating how I went from being his son to being something he put his money in. That 1 year was really depressing for me just because of the sheer amount of calls, texts from him and the eventual guilt trip. I fucking hate my father..funny thing is it barely took 1 year for me to hate him and I feel guilty that it's because of money!

I have no intention to keep any sorts of contact with my father. I have decide that I'll ask him a few times to give the money back which he has been promising that he'll return for almost 2 years now. And then whether I get the money or not..it's goodbye dad! I am not talking to your money hungry entitled ass ever again!

Is this the right thing to do? Or am I grossly overreacting?

TL;DR Father consistently kept asking to borrow money over the duration of the 1st year of my job with the promise that he'll return it soon but he never did. Then he tells me I have became money minded when I refused to lend him anymore money.



Submitted March 31, 2020 at 01:42PM by josepinata https://ift.tt/3480fjd
Am I [25/m] right in feeling absolutely humiliated with the way my father [54/m] kept asking me to lend him money? Am I [25/m] right in feeling absolutely humiliated with the way my father [54/m] kept asking me to lend him money? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.