Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My[22M] mother [55F] is mad at me for buying expensive clothes, is she in the wrong?

I recently graduated University and found my first full time job at a big firm. I worked many student jobs that payed pretty well so I have about 2-3k in savings. I also have no debt. Since I have always been very cheap in my life, I never really bought myself good clothes or anything expensive. Now that I am starting my first big adult job, I wanted to go and buy tailored suits from brand names like Hugo Boss that cost around 150$-250$ per dress shirt. All I wanted to do was have 5 professional well tailored shirts with dress pants so that I can look good and feel good. This might aid in me passing probation, and if you dress well, you can always leave a good impression on upper management.

My mother was really upset when she saw that I spent about 1000$ on just work attire, and she started calling me stupid, and inexperienced with life. She's the type of person that would never get over little things. For example, one time I bought a backpack for 40$ and I only used the backpack twice, and she still brings up how i wasted money even though i bought that backpack ( and never wasted money since then) 4 years ago.

I'm tired of my family's atittude to always live life cheap. All my friends go out and eat often. Their instagrams are always full of adventure. Girls platter themselves with makeup, guys wear nice clothes and everyone gets to hook up, have fun, live life. Meanwhile, I'm always pressured to stay at home and save, save , save and save. I dont even know what we are saving for.....

Is it wrong of me to be able to want to spend money that I personally make? Or am I just being an immature young adult?

TLDR: Everyone of my friends on social media are buying whatever they want, eating whatever they want. Meanwhile, I can't do any of those things because my family culture has a big emphasis on saving money. Recently, I spent 1000$ on nice clothes just to go to work, and it made my mother extremely upset. Is she in the wrong?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 08:20PM by 988112003562044580 http://bit.ly/2VZTgTQ
My[22M] mother [55F] is mad at me for buying expensive clothes, is she in the wrong? My[22M] mother [55F] is mad at me for buying expensive clothes, is she in the wrong? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.