Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (20F) caught a girl (20F) cheating on my boyfriend's best friend (22M) and don't know if I should say something

Throwaway because my boyfriend knows my reddit name.

I’m a student in art college. In the building where I live, the upper levels are all dormitories while the lower levels are classrooms and studio spaces where we’re allowed to work after hours. The studios close to students every weekday at 10pm. Part of my work-study job with the school is cleaning up the studios and classrooms and locking the doors at closing time.

Last week, I heard some whispering coming from one of the empty painting studios when I went to lock up. The classroom area looked empty, but the noise seemed to be coming from the small changing room in the back for figure models to undress. I was a little freaked out thinking that someone was hiding back there, so I called out, “If someone’s in here, it’s time to fuck off upstairs because I’m about to lock the door.”

A guy shouts, “OK, we just need a minute,” followed by more whispering and rustling noises. So it’s becoming clear that a couple decided to sneak in there to hook up, and I’m pissed because it’s already past 10pm at this point and I wanted to hurry up and leave. A few minutes later, some guy I don’t know awkwardly stumbles out of the dressing room with the girlfriend of my boyfriend's best friend, looking guilty as hell. I don’t know her too well, but we’ve hung out together with our boyfriends sometimes and generally get along.

When she saw me looking pissed, she started crying and telling me she’s sorry, she knows this is wrong, she’s going to break up with her boyfriend soon, she just needs some time, blah blah blah. I said, “If you don’t want to get caught, maybe next time don’t pick such a stupid place to hook up.” She kept saying she was sorry and wouldn’t calm down and stop crying unless I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone. In the end, I agreed that I wouldn’t.

I think cheating is an incredibly shitty thing to do, but it didn't seem like my place to get involved. I really only know her and her boyfriend through my boyfriend, and I have no idea what their relationship is like in private. I figured that it’s her business, not mine, and she should be the one to sort it out. But now that a few days have gone by, I’ve started to second-guess whether that’s really the right thing to do.

From what I can tell, her boyfriend seems like a great dude, and I feel really bad for not tipping him off. He’s my boyfriend’s closest friend, and I know my boyfriend would be very upset with me if he knew I didn’t say something (I haven’t told my boyfriend about this yet either.) I also know that if it was me, and I was the one being fucked around on like that, I would want someone to say something. And to top it all off, I've seen this girl with her boyfriend since the incident, and they act very lovey-dovey in public... It's hard for me to believe she's really trying to end things with him.

Overall I feel conflicted about the right way to handle this.

TL;DR: My boyfriend's best friend is being cheated on by his girlfriend, and I happened to catch her in the act. She cried and begged me not to tell anyone, and she swears she will break up with her boyfriend soon. I'm not sure if that's true. At first I didn't want to get involved, but now I don't know if I should.



Submitted May 01, 2019 at 05:44AM by caught-them-cheating http://bit.ly/2PFgBbW
I (20F) caught a girl (20F) cheating on my boyfriend's best friend (22M) and don't know if I should say something I (20F) caught a girl (20F) cheating on my boyfriend's best friend (22M) and don't know if I should say something Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.