Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [19 M] mom [54F] logged into my Facebook and read all my messages - invasion of privacy or justified?

I live under my parents house, so obviously I have to respect their rules. But after speaking to my doctor and girlfriend (19F), I may have realized that my mom is way more overbearing than appropriate according to them.

I'm currently in my second year of college, and live about an hour transit from home. I struggled a lot with my program in first year because it was very intensive, but I'm doing much better this year.

I am not allowed to go over to other people's homes. I cannot go somewhere without saying exactly where I am, what I'm doing and I must know when I'll be back before I'm allowed to leave.

I've always been a really obedient kid, but this broke down after my mom last year went on my facebook and read that I've been talking to a girl she doesn't approve of. Like, she had seriously sat me down and told me I need to distance myself from this girl even as a friend and she will never accept her in my life (for abnormal reasons in my opinion and my doctor's). So I hid it from her, and obviously locked down my facebook. I had to "rebel" and leave the house to hang with her during the summer. I've been her friend for several years, and so I just said we hang as friends, but she doesn't even approve of that.

She's occasionally searched my entire room, found keys to my locked drawers, looking for some evidence on me. Now a year later, and she finally managed to find a way back on my messages when my computer didn't shut down properly after I left from school.

In the middle of class, I get messages about how I lied about what I'm doing. How I'm having sex when I say I'm studying, how I'm killing her (and causing some health problems she has now). Obviously I'm lying to my mom whenever I spend time with my girlfriend, even if I'm just at her place to study which is really close to my college. My mom says she was smart this time and took pictures of my messages for proof.

I'm pretty sure she sat down and read hours of my messages, about all the intimate and sexual things we talk about. I just feel so angry and stressed and don't feel like I can handle this with school. I couldn't focus on my classes for the rest of the day.

I come home and my mom completely dismisses the fact that she invaded my privacy because I break her trust, disrespect her by being with this girl, and lie to her. She wouldn't even let me inside before I take off my socks, because I "probably skipped class and had sex today."

tl;dr Lie to my mom about being with a girl she will not accept in my life. She sneaks onto my facebook and reads all my intimate conversations and takes pictures of them.

Is she at all justified to do this? Am I wrong?



Submitted November 01, 2018 at 12:27AM by Which_Street https://ift.tt/2SznkFn
My [19 M] mom [54F] logged into my Facebook and read all my messages - invasion of privacy or justified? My [19 M] mom [54F] logged into my Facebook and read all my messages - invasion of privacy or justified? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.