Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26M] best friend [30M] didn't invite me to be in his wedding party. He's going to be my best man. Help?

Hi /r/relationships, I need some help.

My best friend [30M] didn't ask me to be part of his wedding party. I recently received a text from his fiance more or less confirming that. He's been my best friend for almost 8 years now and I thought the feeling was mutual, but now I'm starting to doubt how the relationship is perceived by him.

We met 7 years ago. He was friends with my husband before he was friends with me (my husband was also not asked). We went to school together, then got a job together and we still work together. We see each other at least 3-5 times a week for work and then 2 times a month usually for food or lunch. Sometimes its his fiance and my husband, most of the times its just us. We go shopping together, he talks me out of buying expensive sound systems, and helps me power drill things.

This guy has been through everything with me. He singlehandedly stopped me from killing myself. He's taken me to multiple doctors appointments and waited with me (even tho he didn't) for some scary test results. He helped me move into my house, our dogs have play dates. He even spent a Thanksgiving AND Christmas with me because my ex-bf wasn't "out" so I had no where to go. This guy has gone to the moon and back for me, and I've done the same to him (at least, I hope so).

But the other day, I texted his fiance and their wedding is coming up in May. Texts here are verbatim.

Me: Also, just curious, did [30M] select his wedding party yet?
Her: He knows who they are but hasn't asked all of them yet.
Me: Oh. :( Okay.
Her: He sucks, I asked the girls a long time ago.
(useless conversation)
Her: He picked 3 (for his party) I picked 4.

Now I know what you're thinking, HE HASN'T ASKED EVERYONE YET. However, I already know one who is confirmed (a very good mutual friend), and two that I am very suspicious about. I have a very very strong feeling I am not one of the three. Our dynamic feels like he would have said something to me a long time ago.

I guess, is there anything I should say? I'm trying not to be bitter, but this guy means everything to me. I love him almost as much as I love my husband. What do you guys think? How can I rationalize this to make it hurt less?

TL;DR - My best friend is getting married and didn't ask me to be in his wedding party and there's a good chance I'm not. How do I get over it?



Submitted October 26, 2018 at 09:03PM by Brauhm https://ift.tt/2CKOMdY
My [26M] best friend [30M] didn't invite me to be in his wedding party. He's going to be my best man. Help? My [26M] best friend [30M] didn't invite me to be in his wedding party. He's going to be my best man. Help? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.