Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

MIL (60s) wont let me (30F) hang out with my friends

I am a Korean American married to a Korean man and living in Korea with my 2 year old son.

Recently came to realize how abusive my husband is but unfortuantely cant get custody of my son if I divorce so I am just hanging in here for the sake of my son. There is no partial custody in Korea and full custody goes to the parent who is not asking for divorce.

Anyways my in laws came over this weekend for their monthly visit and I had a big fight with my husband about not wanting to take my son outside since he has a cold.

MIL decided to mediate by coming up with rules for us. She says husband must stop swearing at me and I have to stop hanging out with anyone who has ever said anything bad about her husband (since they are a bad influence) This means I will have to literally cut all thirtyish of my friends from my life since I have no friends who have never said anything bad about their husband.

Obviously I am not going to follow this arbitrary rule but my MIL isnt going to get off my case about this. How do I tell her to f off when saying no doesnt work?

Also for context both MIL and husband are abusive in that they constantly try to isolate and gaslight me. Both have yelled at me and then pretended it never happened. Also both threaten me not to tell my own parents about how abusive my husband is...so yeah isolating is a pattern.

TLDR; MIL is abusive and husband is too. How do I stay sane?



Submitted October 27, 2018 at 08:21AM by Koreandilemma https://ift.tt/2JkYVPs
MIL (60s) wont let me (30F) hang out with my friends MIL (60s) wont let me (30F) hang out with my friends Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.