Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(29F) My MIL (60) threatened to send my son (13) to a conversion camp. I’m furious.

I’m writing this very quickly so please excuse grammar

I had my son at 16, and I’m still with his father. My husbands mother has never liked me, but I have learned to deal with her for the sake of my husband. My son is 13 and he came out to my husband and I as gay a couple months ago. Whatever he is, we will love him no matter what so this is no issue. My only fear is bullying from peers, but I didn’t expect this from my MIL.

My son has a boyfriend, and we obviously have rules like no closed doors, etc. My son was at my MIL house last week since I was out of town and invited his boyfriend over. Apparently my MIL ‘caught’ them cuddling on the couch while watching a movie. She apparently called her pastor and forced them to speak on the phone with him.

My son and his boyfriend just told me this today. They also said she mentioned conversion camps. I’m not sure what my next steps are or what to do. I never want my MIL around my son again.

Obviously she can’t do anything legally, but I wonder how serious she is and that scares me. I’m just waiting for my husband to get back in town so I can tell him in person.

tldr; My MIL saw my son and his boyfriend cuddling while watching a movie, put them on the phone with her pastor, and threatened to send them to a conversion camp. I don’t know what to do or say. I just don’t want her around my son.



Submitted October 28, 2018 at 11:49AM by tammycooper123 https://ift.tt/2CMfenl
(29F) My MIL (60) threatened to send my son (13) to a conversion camp. I’m furious. (29F) My MIL (60) threatened to send my son (13) to a conversion camp. I’m furious. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.