Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend and I carpool to work and he has been staying obscenely late recently. Help! What do I do?

Hi everyone.

My boyfriend and I are graduate students and we live together in a house about 12 minutes from campus. There are some places in walking distance of the university but they are all quite expensive and we just really wanted to rent a house so we would have more space and a yard for our dog. However, we carpool to work together, we share his car. Recently he keeps staying at work until like 10 PM, and of course I have to go home at a normal time to walk the dog (plus why the hell would I want to stay there so late?), and then I have to pick him up super late. It's getting old, like really old.

The unfortunate thing is our lease goes for another entire year! And I love our house because we have so much space. But the situation sort of blows. Should I talk to my our landlord about potentially breaking the lease? The worst part is, we keep having awful fights about this, like every night, because he doesn't want to leave at a normal time and then he'll keep delaying the time for me to pick him up! It's causing so much conflict. Help?

Also, I want to say that it's not just that he's such a hard worker and I'm lazy. I am usually up to 11 PM doing work on my laptop after working a full day. He just happens to work in a wet lab so he can't really work from home in that sense.

Tl;DR My boyfriend and I share a car and go to work together but want to leave at vastly different times. Really straining our relationship. Help!



Submitted February 16, 2023 at 06:41PM by MaybeTomorrowOr https://ift.tt/swcCRur
My boyfriend and I carpool to work and he has been staying obscenely late recently. Help! What do I do? My boyfriend and I carpool to work and he has been staying obscenely late recently. Help! What do I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 17, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.