Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25F) husband (25M) lied to me about something I thought he was honest about.

Background context~ We’ve been together for 7 yrs now, 2 married. Our relationship started off rocky but these past few years I’d believed we were in a good place. We bought a house last year and “settled down” (no kids). However, the last few months he has been increasingly agitated when coming home from work (active duty military - not specifying which branch). I’ve communicated a few times that I would like more help at home since I do 99% of the chores including picking up his clothes off the floor, all the dishes, cooking, yard work, etc. He basically just comes home to rest. I do work remotely, at home, so that is an advantage.

Event ~

A few weeks ago he asked to go on a Vegas trip (alone) with some coworkers and I agreed. He swore he didn’t want to and wouldn’t go anywhere else since he wasn’t interested in doing anything else. My only request was that if he did decide to go to any strip clubs/drink/etc that he would just let me know. Well he came home and didn’t say much about the trip aside from the fact that they visited a few bars & walked around. I found it odd since most of the trip there was very little communication (no phone calls/few texts) which was ok with me - but I still didn’t get anything other than “it was fun.”

I recently went over our card statements and found a $600+ withdrawal at a strip club. I confronted him about it (I wasn’t upset he went - just asked why he hadn’t mentioned it). It took a few questions until he finally responded - 1) it was “weird” to tell me 2) he admitted that one of his friends had hired someone to “come back” with them to the Airbnb 3) he bought a round of drinks and gave the rest of the money to his friend. My husband swears he did nothing at the club, or had any interactions with anyone beyond asking for a beer. During the conversation, he became upset with me for “asking so much” but I was genuinely just wondering why he didn’t mention this. Wanted third party input since I’m not sure who to ask, but, is this behavior questionable or am I overreacting?

Tl;dr my husband lied about his whereabouts & I’m not sure what to do.



Submitted February 23, 2023 at 07:26PM by Global-Chef-8058 https://ift.tt/rLOAt1p
My (25F) husband (25M) lied to me about something I thought he was honest about. My (25F) husband (25M) lied to me about something I thought he was honest about. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 24, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.