Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mom makes me feel like I’m responsible for her happiness

I[F31] know my mom [F55] has a hard life, my dad is lazy and she’s the caregiver, and my brother doesn’t exactly live a responsible life. She feels like she’s caring the weight of the world in her shoulders but I am so tired of hearing her complain. I feel bad and sad that she doesn’t have this perfect life and a supportive husband but I don’t like that she’s bringing me into her world. Yesterday she said some pretty mean things about my dad and brother which I’ve been putting up with for a while. I feel like that’s not things she should tell me. I told her I feel gross out. She backlash by saying I called her disgusting and I shouldn’t be saying these things when she’s having a difficulty time, that I have no empathy. She can’t seem to understand how I feel having to listen to her vents everyday and at this point it sounds like she feels entitled to my time. She starts crying and says nobody knows how she feels. Instead of me consoling her, I tell her she’s disgusting (which I didn’t, I just said I feel gross out because I don’t think it’s right she tells me so much)

I’m not sure what she expects me to say when she vents at me, im so emotionally drained and tired of comforting her every other day. It feels like she wants me to suffer along with her and I’m responsible for her all feelings, when I’m not even the one causing them. I tried to be a good daughter so she has one less problem by taking care some of her household chores and even financially. Im just angry at this point that she’s not grateful for the good things I try to do for her. Sometimes I just want tell her she’s not the only person with problems and she needs to get over it.

Was I wrong to say that?

Tl;dr. My mom vents to me about her life and only thing I am allow to do is listen and agree. Otherwise she blames my lack of empathy, gets angry and guilt trips me.



Submitted February 12, 2023 at 05:20PM by Ok_Conversation_4471 https://ift.tt/1bw078N
My mom makes me feel like I’m responsible for her happiness My mom makes me feel like I’m responsible for her happiness Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 13, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.