Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I overreacting by thinking and saying I (M31) I want to break-up with my partner (F27) of 54.5 years because I didn’t want to sleep in the spare room bed?

TLDR: Argument over “my” house chore before bedtime blew-up between me and her and me refusing to sleep in the spare bed because she said so, now I think we’re breaking up.

EDIT: 4.5 years relationship.

… So the story is, we were having a lovely day. We finished watching telly, played some games on the Xbox and by 12:00 am-Ish, I was flagging and really dying for sleep.

But, I realised that I needed to hang our just washed clothes to dry.

So I went up and did this first, she followed and said, I can’t find my phone and being all stressed out! Saying she’s asked me to find her phone ages ago and didn’t do anything. I went downstairs and found the phone straightaway. Apparently she’s looked everywhere.

I asked her if she could help me with the clothes and she said that this is my chore and since she’s ironing the clothes tomorrow she don’t care and I should just sleep in the spare room (where we keep the drying rack).

I said no, I like sleeping in my own side of the bed as I have problems sleeping anyway.

She went off to fall asleep in our bedroom. 5 mins later I finished my “chore” and went to our room to sleep but It was pitch black and I was trying to be careful not to sit on her glasses which she leaves on my side sometimes but this backfired and woke her up saying wtf is this torch! So I apologised and said sorry

Basically this blew up big time as an argument and I just can’t stand this anymore because this is a repeating pattern for us.

I said I normally feel like I do 70% of the regular house chores, and she does most of the cooking.

I just had enough as she was shouting over my ear about everything that was wrong with me.

I said I can’t live like this and I can’t live with her anymore.

“I also said it would’ve been just nice if she offered to help me hang the clothes up so we can sleep together at the same time.”

I don’t know, I just needed a vent.

This may be very petty but did I overreact? Should I just have slept in the spare bed? Or just not be an idiot and use the torch. Should we just break up?



Submitted February 11, 2023 at 06:08PM by Kevofresco91 https://ift.tt/EQ3di2s
Am I overreacting by thinking and saying I (M31) I want to break-up with my partner (F27) of 54.5 years because I didn’t want to sleep in the spare room bed? Am I overreacting by thinking and saying I (M31) I want to break-up with my partner (F27) of 54.5 years because I didn’t want to sleep in the spare room bed? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 12, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.