Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (f21) feel distant from my boyfriend (m21) since he’s decided to quit his job

My boyfriend and I have been happily dating for nearly a year now, and for the past 2 years, he’s been working at a local business. When we first started dating, he was essentially promoted to general manager/second in command, which I found super impressive and I really admired his work ethic

However, gradually over this past year he’s become more and more of a miserable person. His coworkers are extremely apathetic and he’s constantly picking up slack for them, they’re a generation older than him and don’t fully respect his authority due to his age, at this point he has the workload of at least 3 workers and isn’t getting compensated accordingly, etc.

His misery at work manifested in him being grumpier, wanting to spend less time together, ranting about work constantly, and being less emotionally vulnerable. He’s still a wonderful boyfriend, but notably less attentive. I fully understood why, but understanding didn’t bum me out any less

After talking about leaving for a few months, he’s finally decided to quit and has put in his 2 weeks. Since doing so, it’s like a switch flipped and I have my boyfriend fully acting like himself again. He’s more excited to see me, smiling way more, talking about spending more time together and taking a trip, and all around is as affectionate as when we first started dating.

This is great, and I couldn’t be happier that he’s happier. But I feel weird for whatever reason. It’s not about him quitting, since he’s already applied somewhere else and essentially has the job. I feel weird about his mood switch, like I almost preferred him grumpier somehow. Can someone explain this, who maybe has gone through this with a partner? What advice would you give?

TL;DR: Boyfriend was grumpy because of his job, now that he’s quitting he’s back to normal but I feel weird about it



Submitted February 26, 2023 at 11:11AM by throwawayandawaya https://ift.tt/QYxChAD
I (f21) feel distant from my boyfriend (m21) since he’s decided to quit his job I (f21) feel distant from my boyfriend (m21) since he’s decided to quit his job Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.