Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My "friend" (19F) lied about wanting to be in a romantic relationship with me (20M)

I feel horrible. This one girl I knew made me feel like I'm nothing. As I am worth nothing and don't have feelings myself. I met this girl through my close friend. We talked a little bit over the course of 4 months. Then on my birthday, she got my close friend to tell me that she liked me and wanted to get to know me at a romantic level just for my close friend to tell me that she was lying a couple of weeks later. And the fact is that no one would have ever told me if I didn't catch my friend talking about it to my other friends in secrecy. What hurts the most is that I put my heart out there and from our talks, it seemed as if she was interested, but it turned out to being a facade.

I know what you’re probably thinking. I hit on her or tried to flirt with her during those months of getting to know her. That is not the case. I kept things very VERY friendly with her for multiple personal reasons. It just hurts me that someone would lie to me like that. Not only that, but I am also mad/disappointed at myself for believing that she actually wanted to get to know me on a romantic level. She acts as if nothing has happened and continued to ask me a very inappropriate question an hour after my friend told her that he told me the truth.

I just don't know how to escape from this hole nor do I know what to do. I’ve been feeling like this for months. It's to the point where I deleted all my social media, stopped enjoying watching movies/films, and stopped listening to music. I’m pretty sure I’ve fallen into depression haha but man I wish I just had someone to talk to about this because I’ve never been through this. I do go to the gym and I also like to read scholarly articles regarding my major so I try to keep myself busy. But man oh man does it get hard sometimes.

TL;DR: Met new friend and stayed friendly with her for 4 months. She told my close friend she wanted to get to know me at a romantic level. Turned out she lied after I found out my close friend talking about it to my other friends in secrecy.

Thanks :)



Submitted February 21, 2023 at 08:41PM by ThrowRAquestiontoask https://ift.tt/pkGsl9W
My "friend" (19F) lied about wanting to be in a romantic relationship with me (20M) My "friend" (19F) lied about wanting to be in a romantic relationship with me (20M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 22, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.