Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it bad to not want roommate’s parents to visit?

I [22f] am living with roommate also 22f in a 2bd condo. We’ve been living together for a few weeks, not super long. Recently my roommate asked me if I’m ok with her parents staying over for a week.. they’re coming to visit her from another country and find hotels to be expensive. They would sleep in her room and she would sleep on the couch. We have our own washrooms so thankfully that won’t be an issue. at the same time, our unit isn’t large enough to have 4 people living here. Also I usually work from my living room so I’ll get disturbed if they are over here. I don’t know how to tell her no… when she asked me last time, I said I’ll think about it & she was trying to convince me. How do I tell her I’m not comfortable with this without offending her?

TL;DR: roommate of a few weeks wants to invite her parents from another country to visit her for a week. While they’re visiting, she wants them to stay in her room & she plans to sleep on the couch. How do I tell her I’m not comfortable with this without offending her?

Edit: the roommate signed an agreement with me for 6 months and that mentioned no guests. Then after moving in, she asked if her bf can visit for a week, I was ok with that since it’s only 1 week, assuming she won’t have any other guests, and I do have my bf over almost every weekend. So I said yeah sure. Now she’s asking if her parents can visit for 1 week…



Submitted February 15, 2023 at 07:03PM by qtqtqtqtpi https://ift.tt/b5DWn1r
Is it bad to not want roommate’s parents to visit? Is it bad to not want roommate’s parents to visit? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 16, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.