Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

how do you prepare for a breakup?

TL;DR: I have realized that it’s time for me to move on from my girlfriend of 6 months and that we’re two completely different people. It’s no fault of her own but I know it’s time. How do you prepare for that conversation? She hasn’t done anything wrong and is an amazing person, but we’re just too different.

I (18M) have been dating my gf (19F) for about 6 months now pretty much since the start of university. I’ve realized how different we are from each other and have just realized that the writing is on the wall and it is time for me to move on. she’s an amazing person and i genuinely think that. She’s smart, passionate, kind, supporting, always willing to do what she can for the ones she cares about. we’re just different. I honestly wish she had done something awful so I could just write it off and end it, but she hasn’t. we have different interests, different hobbies, different career paths and different life goals. We love differently and we deal with conflict differently and I have come to notice these differences to the point where I just feel like the connection has dropped. She hasn’t done anything wrong or anything like that whatsoever but I just know my heart and my brain are telling me to move on. We live on the same dorm floor so I know that it’ll be awkward but I know that it’s best. I feel extremely selfish but I know that I want to be single and have all of the fun experiences that come with that in college. I guess my question is how do I prepare for that inevitable conversation? I just want to do it right. I don’t care if she doesn’t want to be friends with me (I don’t believe those relationships work out anyway to be honest), but I just want her to know that it’s nothing that she did, and I don’t want to feel like an awful person for breaking up with someone who genuinely hasn’t done anything other than not being for me. Any advice, experiences, anything is all greatly appreciated!



Submitted February 21, 2023 at 05:41PM by ThrowRA_no-Mixture https://ift.tt/XapeMv1
how do you prepare for a breakup? how do you prepare for a breakup? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 22, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.