Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I bring up my (31F) concerns about my dad's (60M) behavior with my siblings?

So my dad has always been on the more eccentric side. Doesn't really have any close friends and is content with his engineering hobbies. He's never been one to discuss emotions/feelings/anything personal and prefer to talk about hobbies/politics or will just randomly info-dump. I could see him being somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Lately he's displayed some odd behaviors. He doesn't participate in all conversations and will just look in another direction and mouth words to himself. He also does this weird thing when my mom says anything he dislikes. He will mutter the words "just stop it" under his breath while shaking his head. He does this a lot when she's joking around - for instance when she tried to convince my sister-in-law to try some hot chips. I get the feeling he either doesn't like her jokes or doesn't realize she's just kidding?

Due to where we all live, I see my parents way more than any of my siblings. I'm torn if I should bring this up with my siblings, or just ignore it for now. I feel bad for my mom - my dad does some of these behaviors in public and I could see it being rude and embarassing for her.


tl;dr: Dad has always been a bit eccentric, but new behaviors are concerning, bring up with sibling or no?



Submitted December 04, 2022 at 05:17PM by ilovemongeese https://ift.tt/qI7zZrg
Should I bring up my (31F) concerns about my dad's (60M) behavior with my siblings? Should I bring up my (31F) concerns about my dad's (60M) behavior with my siblings? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.