Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (19F) High School Mentor (37M) May Have Propositioned Me?

First, on mobile, apologies for weird formatting. I (19F) am currently a sophomore in college. I set up a catch-up dinner with my high school mentor (37M) who was my US History teacher during my junior year of High School, as he would be in town for a conference. We had bonded during high school over a shared love of history. We had a previous catch up lunch my freshman year of college and nothing untoward happened then.

Tonight was going well as we had dinner, walked around the neighborhood the restaurant was in, and then went back to campus where we sat on steps in one of the "quads" on campus. We talked for a while before he opened up to me about problems with his marriage, as his wife and him were trying for children and had gone through an unsuccessful round of fertility treatments and now were going through the adoption process. He seemed to imply that the marriage may end and so I felt bad and essentially said it's hard to get through the storm when you're in the middle of it and you'll end up where you're meant to be when it passes. After this, sprinklers started to go off and this was a natural wrap up for the conversation.

I was joking around and offered to, "be a gentleman"and walk him back to his car. He laughed and on our way to his car he offered to have me stay in the hotel room that he would be staying in. I refused a few times while saying that I had assignments to finish before family weekend where I would be out with my family all weekend to my roommate would freak if she woke up and I wasn't there to I prefer to sleep in my own bed and used my sister refusing to share beds as a comparison. While discussing this he said that 'nothing would happen...unless i wanted it too'. At this point everything in my mind just became a big question mark and I awkwardly laughed it off.

At this point we had arrived at his car and we said to meet at 9am tomorrow for breakfast at a place on campus. I gave him a quick and brief hug before saying goodbye and heading back to my apartment on campus. I didn't know what to make of the situation so I told my roommate (20F, also a sophomore) everything and she said that everything that happen with the hotel room was inappropriate and I should not go to breakfast. I still didn't know how to make heads or tails of what happened so she said I should call my older sister (23F). My sister said the same thing my roommate said and helped me come up with a way to cancel breakfast tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm in shock from what happened as this is completely out of character for my teacher and it legitimately came out of nowhere. I know logically I am probably being obtusely naïve and stupid, but because of my mentor I was able to regain my academic ambitions. My mentor was one of the only teachers who I really felt able to talk to and felt like I had a good mentorship with. I cannot express how extremely out of character this is for him and I don't think I am being targeted as I know he keeps up with other former students from high school. I just don't know what to do and I am legitimately dumbfounded. Confounded. Every synonym for perplexed there is. I really need advice please on what to do.

TLDR; Mentor may have made inappropriate proposition during our catch-up and I don't know what I should do. I am also probably being stupid about this.



Submitted October 06, 2022 at 10:43PM by dejusthap https://ift.tt/Sf4nBz2
My (19F) High School Mentor (37M) May Have Propositioned Me? My (19F) High School Mentor (37M) May Have Propositioned Me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.