Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

i think my boss is hitting on me

tldr: my boss has been making slightly suggestive comments to me and giving me unwanted attention. how do i know when enough is enough and respond professionally?

i (26f) just started working at lowe’s about a week ago. one of my bosses (40ishm) (not sure what position he’s in, but he’s over me in the department) has made some questionable remarks.

on the first day i happened to be in the break room alone when he also went on break. i didn’t think anything too strange about it initially - i just feel generally uncomfortable being alone around men.

he had asked some get-to-know-you questions, one of them being how old i was. he tried to ask it casually “yeah how old are you anyways?” but then also added how “some of them” speculated i was 19 and expressed relief that i was old enough for him to not get into trouble 😳

the conversation continued and somehow it was brought up that i used to be in band. to which he replied saying that he knew there were only two types of girls in band: the introverted gamers and the ones who “got up to trouble.”

i let a lot of these comments slide and laughed them off, because i genuinely cannot differentiate between creepy behavior and my general discomfort around guys.

yesterday, this boss told me that he would be stealing me for a painting project the next day and to dress in clothes i didn’t mind getting messed up. he also told me this project wouldn’t be at lowe’s. i spent the afternoon trying to ask my coworkers what that meant and they said they didn’t know / hadn’t had to do anything like that - which spiked my anxiety.

i packed some clothes and hoped that someone else would get taken for this project, but said boss found me and asked if i was ready to go this morning. before leaving, i was talking with some coworkers and expressing that i didn’t want to go and one of my coworkers replied that he didn’t know why they were taking me when there were plenty of other employees who could go. i ended up going with the boss, riding in his truck, to the project. the ride there was filled with a lot of uncomfortable small talk. i was relieved when we got to the project site and 2 other lowe’s employees showed up.

the project ended up being legit, but this boss kept making comments at/about me throughout the project that made me uncomfortable.

the boss hasn’t tried anything with me, but his comments and unwanted attentions are making me anxious and i’m concerned there is something underneath this behavior.

i’d appreciate any advice on how to know when too far is too far and how i should respond in a professional manner that is not prematurely assuming something from nothing.



Submitted October 06, 2022 at 08:18PM by kaylamaynor https://ift.tt/sSpKEIB
i think my boss is hitting on me i think my boss is hitting on me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.