Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26M) am feeling conflicted in a loving relationship

Feeling conflicted in a loving relationship

Hey there, So I (26M) have been in a relationship for around 4 and a half years with my (26F) partner. It’s been the most fulfilling and loving relationship I’ve ever been apart of. She has got me through a lot of tough times, bouts of depression, family issues etc. and for the most part I have been very happy and glad to be with someone like her. Recently however, I have been second guessing the relationship and doubts have started to creep in.

I have always been a relationship type of person, I’ve never really lived the single life per se but have recently started to think about the prospect of being by myself. The freedom of being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want appeals to me more and more and I think I’m realising that I would like to experience that lifestyle. I feel so selfish feeling this way, but I can’t help it.

We have spoken about our future together, moving in and buying a place, even marriage and children down the line. But I just don’t know if I can commit to these things with her right now. I love her, and regardless of the outcome I always will. She has a beautiful soul and is so supportive of me, which is why these thoughts have been giving me a bit of grief.

I’m the type to avoid confrontation so I’m worried that I will just let these feelings simmer and not to do anything to address them. I’m just so unsure on what to do. I feel like such a coward at times.

The thought of breaking her heart makes me feel horrible, but the thought of just dragging her along is equally just as bad. I am still able to function and enjoy being around her, and I do feel like I am with the right person but these conflicting thoughts pop up so I just thought I’d share my story in the hopes that any of you could shed light on your related experiences.

I have definitely left off some other minor details but that is essentially the crux of it all.

Side note that may add a bit of context to her character and smaller details; family adores her which makes things even tougher as I don’t want to disappoint them as well.

Thank you :)

TL;DR having conflicting thoughts about being with a loving partner. Just looking for some shared similar experiences and/or advice :)



Submitted October 13, 2022 at 11:10PM by nystyler https://ift.tt/dvIDMEu
I (26M) am feeling conflicted in a loving relationship I (26M) am feeling conflicted in a loving relationship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 14, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.