Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend of almost 6 years booked a secret trip away for himself - should I be worried?

TL;DR My boyfriend booked a secret night away for himself and it's freaked me out

I (26F) was supposed to go away to my parents for the weekend but at the last minute I cancelled and decided to go next weekend instead. My boyfriend (28M) had previously said he was looking forward to a weekend alone for some peace and quiet, and I knew he would be a little disappointed I was staying here but I wasn’t expecting his reaction at all.

At first he seemed okay, but as time went on he got more angry with me about how I just ‘decided to do whatever I want’ without consulting him, then gave me the silent treatment. I pleaded how I only went away two weeks ago to my parents and I’m going next weekend too, I didn’t understand why it had to be this weekend I went. Eventually he confessed he had booked a “shitty” hotel for himself for Saturday night somewhere two hours away, to “get away from the area we live and work in and have peace and quiet”. He said he didn’t know why he chose that area, it just seemed nice. He wasn’t planning to do anything in particular, he just wanted some peace and quiet away from the area we live in which he feels is “shitty”.

I asked him to send me the hotel details, and he did, but said he booked it at 1 am in the morning and in his tired and exhausted state he accidentally booked a twin room for two as that’s what the website automatically chose, but that I’d ‘likely think otherwise’. I of course did think otherwise as it’s really fucking weird to impulsively do that, to keep it secret from me, and the fact it’s for 2 is bothering me, but I didn’t pursue that line of thought with him. He said he was going to tell me a few days after the weekend was over that he went to this town for the night. I don’t get why he would hide it from me in the first place. I can’t grill him about the fact he hid it from me without basically accusing him of cheating on me. He said he is still going to go as it is non refundable.

I don’t know what to think so any advice would be much appreciated!



Submitted September 02, 2022 at 02:44AM by Sad_Baseball6663 https://ift.tt/fh5Guaz
My boyfriend of almost 6 years booked a secret trip away for himself - should I be worried? My boyfriend of almost 6 years booked a secret trip away for himself - should I be worried? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.