Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Two friends (29F & 27F) asked me (28F) to be my bridesmaids, but we're not that close.

I've been with my fiance (29M) for nearly a decade and we recently got engaged. We don't even have a wedding date yet. In the lead-up to this, two separate friends (B and K) (29F & 27F) asked me if they can be my bridesmaids. We're all in the same friend group with my fiance, but I wouldn't consider them my closest friends over the course of my life. The friend group largely stems from my fiance's high school friends and the friends they all made in college who moved to the city where he grew up after graduation. K's (our friend for ~5ish years) best friend from college (28M, friends w/ fiance for 15+ years) will almost certainly be a groomsman.

One of them, B (friends on & off for ~10 years with both of us), even asked if she could be my MOH, and I had to politely tell her that my sister or childhood BFF would likely fill that role.

Now that I'm engaged and actually wedding planning, the pressure has increased from both of them. After more reflection, I think I want to keep my bridal party limited to my sister, three friends from childhood, and three college friends who I talk to daily. That's already 7 people, all of whom I've known for 10-25 years. While I appreciate their friendship, I have deeper ties with other women in my life.

I don't come from a culture where bridal parties are common, and I'm the first in my social circle to get married. What's the etiquette for bridal party asks? Is asking to be in someone else's wedding rude? How do I politely decline their offer to be in my wedding party? We live in the same city and I actually see them more often than the friends/family I plan on asking because they live far away. I'm worried about navigating the awkwardness every time we want to get together as a group.

TL;DR two friends asked me, the bride, to be my bridesmaids before i got engaged. not sure how to respond and navigate the relationship.



Submitted March 16, 2022 at 08:01PM by atis0099 https://ift.tt/tSxnfXF
Two friends (29F & 27F) asked me (28F) to be my bridesmaids, but we're not that close. Two friends (29F & 27F) asked me (28F) to be my bridesmaids, but we're not that close. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.