Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (30M) girlfriend (28F) of 10 years got upset because I told her I would rather adopt a child that that was the same race as us.

My gf and I were drinking and playing some xbox and we managed got on the topic of having/adopting kids. We have talked about this plenty before, and we're both on the fence about having a baby of our own at this point.

We both agree that adoption could be a plan if we don't have a baby. While we were talking I told her that I think I would rather adopt a child that was the same race as us.

She took offense and we got into a bit of a heated debate about why I feel this way.

Is it wrong that I feel like it would be easier to parent a child who is the same race as me?

If we adopted a child of a different race, I feel that I wouldn't be able to raise them as well, I would want them to explore their culture and grow up like they would with their real parents. I just don't think I would know how to do that effectively, especially as a first time parent.

Gf and I went back and forth about it for awhile and she said she thinks I'm racist because I would only adopt a child of the same race. I disagreed and she said I was being closed minded, and she hopes I think about it more.

Any adoptive parents out there that could mabe give some insight? The fact she thinks that I'm racist makes me feel bad, but I really don't think I am. It's more about making sure the kids life isn't more confusing and weird than it has to be as an adopted kid.

TLDR: drinking w/ girlfriend and I got talking about adoption. I said I'd rather adopt a kid that is of the same race. Gf got mad and told me I'm racist for feeling that way. I feel like it would just make things easier from a parenting perspective, and less confusing for the adopted child.



Submitted March 25, 2022 at 11:57PM by kingdom_tarts https://ift.tt/2iqVkxm
My (30M) girlfriend (28F) of 10 years got upset because I told her I would rather adopt a child that that was the same race as us. My (30M) girlfriend (28F) of 10 years got upset because I told her I would rather adopt a child that that was the same race as us. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.