Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How bad is it, really, that I (32M) am sleeping with my parents maid (26F)

I went over to my parents house a couple months ago. I wanted to build a flower box/bench for the porch of my condo. I don't have the right tools, don't really have the space for them, but my dad's got a pretty good set. I said hi to my parents to check in, let them know what I was doing. They were in the back yard with some friends, hanging out, drinking beers, bull shitting.

I got a few hours of good work in on my project and then a woman came into the garage. I didn't really think anything of it. My parents entertain a lot so I just figured it was a neighbor, one of the neighbors kids, a friend, a coworker, or whoever. We chatted for a bit about what I was working on, veered off into random topics. We got along pretty well, had some good banter. She gave me her number, told me to send pictures of the finished product, and left.

I know an opening when I see one, so I hit her up a day or two later and we started talking. I know most people will be incredulous, but I never asked 'why were you at my parents house the other day?' so I genuinely did not know that she was being employed by them. I did find out during our first date but apparently I didn't weigh the moral and ethical implications properly and we slept together. We've been in a semi formal relationship for a few weeks now.

My parents are less than pleased that I'm sleeping with their maid. We talk fairly regularly so I told them we were seeing each other early on. I thought it was a funny story, kind of a meet cute. They think it's very inappropriate. There is a hefty amount of shame and disappointment being directed at both me and her. Luckily, my parents havent brought this up to her while she is working at their house. They haven't fired her or anything, and I don't think they would, but it's a possibility.

I've already reached out to some friends to commiserate but was surprised to hear that some of them think it's inappropriate as well. They think our relationship threatens her job, but it's not like she's a live in maid, she has multiple clients. Some of my female friends think it's weird that we met while she was at work, and that there are some power dynamics involved.

It's like all anyone can hear is "I'm fucking my parents maid" and then they assume the absolute worst, even though it's not like that. Shit, are we going to get married? Who am I to say, it's a fairly new relationship.

I have no doubt that the two of us are happy with the current relationship dynamic. I am wondering, however, if we are in breach of some kind of moral, ethical, or social etiquette, and how I should talk to my friends and family to make this less weird.

TLDR: I am in a casual relationship with my parents maid. My friends and family seem to think it's inappropriate. Is it? If it isn't, how can I talk to them to convince them that it isn't?



Submitted March 26, 2022 at 10:33PM by Envi_Sci_Guy https://ift.tt/OgdP6f5
How bad is it, really, that I (32M) am sleeping with my parents maid (26F) How bad is it, really, that I (32M) am sleeping with my parents maid (26F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.