Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Brother and SIL (29 M F) don’t want me (19 F) to see my niece

Sorry for formatting, I’m on mobile. For some backstory, I have had back problems since I was 8 years old. Chronic pain and issues. At least once a year, my back goes out.

My brother (A) and SIL (J) have hosted a diaper party and two baby showers. I went to the one baby shower and the diaper party. The final baby shower was a week later, and I had started noticing some back pain. I decided to brush it off but my back ended up being injured and I was bedridden. I was having panic attacks because I didn’t want them to feel upset with me.

Anyway, I called A and said I’m really sorry but I can’t make it. He said, “it’s okay, I completely understand. Don’t worry about it and just get better soon.” I felt so relieved.

A few weeks pass by and I receive a long text from A basically stating that he and J do not believe I was actually hurt, and that if I keep lying to them then I will never be able to see my niece. The baby is due in 2 weeks, so that really upset me.

I didn’t respond for a few days because I was in shock. A ended up telling our dad that he sent that text out of anger because he was fighting with J. Then he said he also dragged me into it because he’s mad at our mom. Our dad said he needs to apologize but he didn’t listen.

The next day he texted my mom sayin that I’m so disrespectful for ignoring his text and he’s disgusted by me. So I finally responded and told him that I don’t understand why he said it was okay if he was actually bothered by it. I also asked why he suddenly accused me of lying when he knows about my back issues. He texted me saying, “You just need to accept our marriage or you won’t see [Niece’s name].” I responded by asking how i’ve not been supportive because that is completely false. I have been so welcoming and accepting of their relationship and never did anything to make them upset until now.

He left me on read and won’t reach out again. I am so upset that I can’t even sleep. I don’t know what to do. Should I text him again? Should I just accept being cut off? My dad thinks that he’ll just one day get over it because that’s how he usually is. He usually starts a big drama, stays mad for months, then acts like nothing happened.

If i actually did something wrong, i could see why he’s upset but that still doesn’t justify cutting me off. especially for not attending one of the three parties. If i didn’t accept their relationship, I wouldn’t go to any of those parties.

What should I do? I don’t know how to handle this situation. Any advice is welcome

TL;DR I didn’t go to 1 of the 3 parties my brother and SIL had for their baby. The reason I didn’t go is because I was bedridden. They think I’m lying and threatened to cut me off from seeing the baby when she’s born. Don’t know what to do



Submitted March 23, 2022 at 03:54PM by RA-familydrama https://ift.tt/56T2nY4
Brother and SIL (29 M F) don’t want me (19 F) to see my niece Brother and SIL (29 M F) don’t want me (19 F) to see my niece Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.