Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Neighbor(s) trying to open my (F29) door, seemingly by accident

I'm an American living in central Europe. I live in a house with several rooms on the same floor. About a month ago, several Ukranian families moved into the house. They're all mothers with teenagers and some small kids. Every family has their own room and bathroom. The doors all kinda look the same and they are not numbered. My door is the first along the hallway.

While everyone was moving in, people tried to open my door several times by mistake. It was in the middle of the night, so I just called out, "Hey, someone is here," and put a sign under my door. I thought, whatever, people are new, they've gone through a traumatic experience, and it'll stop happening once people get settled. I made a point of introducing myself during the day so people know who I am and where I live.

Over the next couple weeks, the mistake kept happening... over and over again. The person would try to jiggle the door open, I'd yell out, and then they'd stop. It has now been almost a month and it keeps happening. A couple weekends ago, it woke me up out of a dead sleep around 7:30 in the morning.

I'm now posting this because someone just woke me up now around 2 AM. I find this very strange. I just don't really "get" it. There aren't that many people in the house (less than 10, including me), and there aren't that many rooms. I don't get why someone would make the same mistake over and over again. I've lived in much larger and more confusing apartment complexes where I've never had this issue.

Yes, I've contacted the landlord.

TL;DR: Someone keeps trying to open my door, presumably by accident. Any ideas as to what might be happening? And solutions other than the sign and talking to the landlord?



Submitted March 23, 2022 at 06:55PM by throwawayadvice29429 https://ift.tt/W2T4mio
Neighbor(s) trying to open my (F29) door, seemingly by accident Neighbor(s) trying to open my (F29) door, seemingly by accident Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.