Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Ghosted (21) by fiancé (22M) of five years

Sorry for the title, I’m 28 now and he will be 29. I showed the ages we were when it happened.

I’m having trouble finding a category that my trauma fits into and figuring out how to get help for it.

Seven years ago, my first love; my fiancé of almost six years left for a “break” and said he needed to work some things out. He was upset with me over something but he promised he would come back and that we could talk through it and said he just needed to sort some other inner stuff out for a couple weeks. He drip fed vague “I’ll come home soon” messages for a couple months and then never came back.

Suddenly blocked me on everything, changed his number and told all of my friends and his family lies about me and many people blocked me as well in response.

Around the same time when I was waiting for him to come home, the landlord sold the house so I had to move and ended up homeless for a while because I was so depressed over what happened and couldn’t work.

It all feels like such a painful blur and feels like it was more traumatic than if we just broke up, it feels like he died, he disappeared and I never saw him again.

But I also feel like I can’t try to talk to people who are grieving over the loss of someone’s life because it seems like I’m overreacting or something. But my ex just disappeared and it took a long time to function again because I thought he was coming back at any point. Six months later I heard he was dating my ex best friend who disappeared around the same time and it almost literally killed me when I was told this.

I still have questions and insecurities and bad flashbacks about it to this day. I don’t have many friends to talk to about this because after all that I was afraid to make any more friends.

Has anyone gone through something like this? Any tips? I went to therapy for a couple of years with different people at the start and it just didn’t help. It sort of faded in the back as I got on with life but it’s been popping up in my mind a lot lately and it just seems like I shouldn’t be phased after all this time.

TL;DR I was ghosted by my fiancé of almost six years and I’m wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar.



Submitted March 29, 2022 at 11:17PM by bunnibunniboop https://ift.tt/ZG9LkcP
Ghosted (21) by fiancé (22M) of five years Ghosted (21) by fiancé (22M) of five years Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 30, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.