Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F20) feel like a third wheel in my own relationship with my bf (M21) and his best friend (M21)

Hi, for context, my bf and I were close friends for about a year before confessing our feelings for each other. He and I met after I got involved with his friend group, and I consider his best friend as a friend too, just not as well as I know my bf (which I'd say is normal I guess).

We've been together for roughly 6 months now, and I'd say all is relatively okay, but when we're hanging out his best friend feels the need to message me if his looking for my bf, so that I can relay to him to pick up his phone. It makes me feel awkward, but I initially thought nothing of it. However, this kept happening, and it's been increasingly bothering me. I've asked my bf about it, and he said that's just how he is, given that his friend occasionally messages him when he's looking for any other of their mutual friends' whereabouts.

Sometimes, when my bf and I are hanging out, he gets involve too. I'd be fine with this if it weren't for the fact that I just kinda get ignored, making me feel like he's solely there for my bf. Initially he'd refer to us as a collective, before focusing solely on my bf, saying inside jokes I have no idea about. When they hang out together, I feel as though I'm not allowed to interrupt, even if I have something important to talk about, as my bf just tells me he'll be done after some time.

I've had my doubts that came and went because I know my bf's best friend is a nice person, but they were solidified the other day ago. I had a severe panic attack because I was worrying about my declining health, but my bf was busy at the time, so I messaged his best friend about it, seeing as he was the only other person awake on my friends list. He comforted me, and asked if I wanted to watch him stream a game as I was crying. I said yes, and found myself cheering up a bit. After some time, he asked if I wanted to play a bit of Classic Terraria, as he intended on joining my bf and I's Hard Mode world, but he doesn't understand any of the basics. I hosted the world, but after receiving a call he dipped, and then said he'll be right back. I waited, and then not even 2 minutes later, he was already playing COD with my bf.

I know it's petty, but I feel lonely and a little betrayed, seeing as I feel like I'm neither a priority for my bf, nor does his best friend view me as a friend. I know his best friend recently got dumped, but he's been acting this way even before that. I'm trying to be understanding because I know they've been friends for over a decade now, but I think I need some guidance on how to proceed because other friends may be biased.

TL;DR: I feel like my bf would rather spend time with his best friend cus he's always around, and I feel left out when hanging out with both of them.



Submitted January 31, 2022 at 04:10PM by throwaway_mnbvc https://ift.tt/yhGYPEoz3
I (F20) feel like a third wheel in my own relationship with my bf (M21) and his best friend (M21) I (F20) feel like a third wheel in my own relationship with my bf (M21) and his best friend (M21) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 01, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.