Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I (25 f) cold call this guy (31 m) and ask him out?

This is my first post so forgive me if i ramble a bit. I’m looking for other’s thoughts on my situation. Here’s what it is.

Back in June I was a bridesmaid in my best friends Erica’s (also 25 f) wedding. We’ve been friends since the first day of high school. Our last names start with the same letter so we were seated by each other in multiple classes. So we’ve been really close since we were around 14 or so.

Erica has and older brother Henry who is six years older than us. He’s really an attractive guy. Of course being that much older than us when we were teenagers he never paid any attention to me outside of the occasional hello here or there.

He was in a long relationship with a woman for probably at least four years. Earlier this year they called off their engagement and split up. Erica confided in me that Henry had found out his fiancé was sleeping with a coworker and had broken up with her.

That’s the backstory. Here’s what happened. A few days before Erica’s wedding my now boyfriend of two years Kevin (27 m) and I got into a huge fight. Mainly over the fact that he was using the pandemic as an excuse not to work full time and I was struggling to pay our rent and most of our bills. He was super mad when he found out how much I had spent on my bridesmaid dress and told me that I was irresponsible for that.

I told him that there was no way I wasn’t going to stand up for my friend at her wedding and he was one to talk about being irresponsible with money. So he got mad and refused to attend the wedding with me. I ended up without a date.

At the reception Henry (or Hank as most people call him) started talking to me at the bar. Just making conversation. It was actually I think the first time we ever spoke for more than a few minutes. I found him to be funny, a little sarcastic and quite charming.

When dinner was over I found myself sitting with him at a table and we ended up spending much of the evening talking. He asked if I was there without a date and I told him my boyfriend hadn’t been able to make it. He said he assumed I knew why he was there stag and I said yes I was very sorry about his relationship.

Later I told he evening we danced a couple times and as we did he made up little stories about the other people dancing around us and he had me laughing so hard my sides hurt. I never knew he had this goofy side to him.

Finally as we were talking later in the night I told him the real reason why my boyfriend wasn’t there. I vented a little to him at how angry I was that he’d refused to come to the wedding with me. He said sometimes people do dumb things when they’re mad.

At the end of the reception we wished each other a good night. He said he’d had a nice evening and I should remind my boyfriend what a great girlfriend he had. I thanked him for the compliment. I was feeling confused because I had made this really nice connection with Henry but I was determined to make things work with Kevin. We had really had such a great first year and a half.

So I the reception feeling a little guilty. I meant I hadn’t flirted with Henry or anything like that. He hadn’t given any sort of indication that we were doing anything but hanging out. But I definitely felt there had been a connection. A spark that had I been single I probably would have given him my number.

So I tried to make things work with Kevin. I really did. I sat him down and said that things had to change and he needed to start helping out around the apartment. He needed to try to find more stable employment because our money situation was very tight. I wasn’t asking him to do much really.

He said he was definitely going to get motivated. He apologized profusely for the wedding and I thought we had a fresh start. Well that lasted until around mid July. The same issues and arguments kept reoccurring. Finally we had one huge blowup after he asked to borrow money to buy a dog! The argument got scary and he ended up punching a hole through our bedroom door.

I threw him out of the apartment (it was my place before we met) and after a few days of thinking it over I decided we were done. He made a half hearted attempt to apologize but I was firm and we ended up breaking up. We’ve been no contact for over six weeks now.

I feel like I want to date again. For the last few days I’ve been contemplating calling Henry up and asking him if he’d like to go out for drinks some Saturday night. I have his number. Last weekend I went out to dinner with Erica and her husband. Erica half jokingly suggested I should call her brother. Of course at her wedding she’d noticed how much time I’d spent with him.

She seemed a bit surprised when I actually asked her for his number. She laughed and texted me his number. So I’ve been thinking about it and I want to call him. I’m just wondering if he’s going to think it’s odd that I just call him up out of nowhere.

Should I do it? It’s just asking to go out for drinks. It’s not like I’m proposing. At this point I’d like to see if that spark I thought I felt was really there and if he felt it too.

TL;DR: I (25 f) felt a real spark with my friends brother (31 m) at her wedding. Now that I’m single I’m thinking of asking him out.



Submitted September 06, 2021 at 09:48PM by Boriqua_Cutie314 https://ift.tt/3jPm54E
Should I (25 f) cold call this guy (31 m) and ask him out? Should I (25 f) cold call this guy (31 m) and ask him out? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.