Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (25f) deal with the fact I hate engaging in parties/gatherings at work?

Ever since the pandemic, my company has been WFH and it's been INCREDIBLE for my mental health and productivity. The only problem is that the company has been setting up monthly "coffee talk" meetings through Teams so we can continue to connect while at home. They are all technically "optional." And in theory, I agree- we all want to stay connected and friendly with coworkers and the people setting this up are trying very hard. Problem is- I hate these things and have no desire to participate.

Even when things were "normal" we had A LOT of little events and parties at the office that I would float around the edges, eat free food, talk to a few people I actually like, and leave early. But in Teams meetings, you have to be "on" the whole time... and I don't really have much to say to random coworkers in general.

People constantly hound me about joining, ask why I'm not there, etc. and I'm now generally seen as an outsider who doesn't participate, even though it's "optional." I'm not even a standoffish type of person - I just hate small talk, hate talking in crowds, and am somewhat private about my personal life.

How do I deal with this so I'm not seen as such a loner - but also don't have to force myself to join these events?

TLDR: Super introverted and hate having to small talk with coworkers but we have a lot of little Team get-together meetings now with everyone working from home. What can I do so I don't seem like a grumpy loner but also don't have to join these events?



Submitted April 22, 2021 at 02:25PM by basilnectarine https://ift.tt/3ndFnAF
How can I (25f) deal with the fact I hate engaging in parties/gatherings at work? How can I (25f) deal with the fact I hate engaging in parties/gatherings at work? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.