Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

31 [M] recently separated from a six year relationship (and short marriage), met someone amazing and I’m terrified

Nearly three months ago my wife and I separated. We’d been together for almost six years and got married last October; the marriage fell apart relatively fast and I found out she’d been cheating.

I had intended on staying single for a while to concentrate on my children and myself. Things changed once we hired a new girl at work [26F], her and I connected almost instantly. She also just exited a three year relationship so we’re in a somewhat similar situation. We’ve both expressed that we’re not quite ready for a relationship with each other and we both agree that we like where things are going and the potential for one in the future. Honestly, it feels like we’re already in a relationship that neither of us are admitting to. We text a lot, we’ve gone on dates, it’s been intimate…

Here’s where I am struggling internally. I thought I wasn’t emotionally ready for a relationship but I am finding myself second guessing that because I have begun to have feelings for her. I find myself wanting to be there for her more than I should be, and these feelings are intimidating and unexpected. Sometimes I feel like I need to retract myself from the situation to stop myself from falling for her more. I’ve even considered telling her that it has to stop, but I don’t because I don’t want to ruin a good thing; doing so would just be an attempt to protect my feelings. I have my guard up and yet at the same time I am making myself vulnerable to someone who’s in a similar position that I am in; this is creating a lot of hesitation and anxiety.

She’s amazing, we’re super compatible, and have a great time together. The timing for all of this is both fortunate and unfortunate.

TL;DR: Im recently separated, met an amazing girl who is also fresh out of a relationship. We both want more but the timing on how everything is panning out makes things complicated.



Submitted April 20, 2021 at 04:33PM by UnhingedBlueGobbler https://ift.tt/3eg877W
31 [M] recently separated from a six year relationship (and short marriage), met someone amazing and I’m terrified 31 [M] recently separated from a six year relationship (and short marriage), met someone amazing and I’m terrified Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 20, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.