Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [23M] am so grateful to have such a supportive wife [23F]

Yesterday was a tough day for me as someone who I felt like I knew for a long time, but never met, passed away. Chris Wesseling, NFL writer and Around the NFL podcast cohost, lost his second battle with cancer and passed away. This was announced on Lakisha Jackson-Wesseling’s Twitter.

I saw the news and broke down, I couldn’t handle it. I haven’t had to cope with death for a long time and this seemingly came out of nowhere. It truly felt like I had lost a friend and I didn’t know how to deal with it. It is very rare that I cry (not a humble brag) so when I do, I’m not sure how to handle myself.

I saw the news and, after a few minutes, went out to the living room, where she was, and told her. At first she was confused because I’ve never met this guy. I explained that I’ve been listening to these four guys talk about football and anything else that comes up for a few years now and how it feels like losing a friend. She instantly stopped being confused and just supported me, I read the post I linked to her aloud and after the second line we were both full on ugly crying.

I’ve never felt so supported. I was raised by my dad with the belief that “men don’t cry” such a stupid way to raise a kid, so anytime I would cry my dad would say to me “keep crying and I’ll give you something to cry about!” I knew with at this meant stop crying or he will spank me (making me cry more, thus furthering the problem). So I learned to quickly stop crying whenever I started, and also to do so very quietly so he never heard me.

What happened yesterday really made me love my wife even more than I thought I could. We are expecting our daughter to be born in the next few weeks and all I can say is this is the most amazing woman and mother I could have ever hoped to lock up.

Thank you u/breakingsuperman for being an amazing woman, and a wonderful wife of almost 3 years!

tl;dr: I cried because a stranger died and my wife supported me instead of mocking me :)



Submitted February 07, 2021 at 08:28PM by BeauSlayer https://ift.tt/3ruCqN0
I [23M] am so grateful to have such a supportive wife [23F] I [23M] am so grateful to have such a supportive wife [23F] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.