Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How would I (22M) go about educating my sister (17F) about safety without it being too awkward?

Hey everyone, just using a throwaway because this is a topic I’d rather keep anonymous😂

I really did not know how to word my question so I apologize if it’s unclear. For context, we are Middle Eastern and although our parents are chill, sex is still a taboo topic and they never had “the talk” with us. My parents don’t really care what I do because I’m a guy, but they obviously have the double standards on my sister so them knowing anything is not an option.

The other day my sister (17F) asked me to drive her to a walk-in clinic and I usually don’t ask why because her business is her business, but I asked if it was an appointment because of the wait time. She told me she wanted to pick up birth control (me and her are super close) and although I was a bit shocked, I just said okay and felt even a tiny bit happy/relieved that she was looking out for her own safety and being responsible.

I guess because she asked that, I decided to finally have a talk with her and told her I won’t ever judge or ask for anything personal and that if it ever came to it (abortion/needing plan b/ an unwanted pregnancy) to come to me and I will drive her myself with no questions asked. I then kept stressing that it’s her personal life and that she deserves privacy, but to never be shy in case she wanted to ask anything about safety.

Normally, I wouldn’t feel awkward discussing anything to my girl friends but as a brother, I felt awkward talking to my sister about all this. And as a brother, I of course sometimes worry for my sister’s safety and I still want to stress to her that she has to make sure the guy is wearing protection for numerous reasons and such. I guess that I want to go more in depth because I didn’t when we first talked about, but I’d feel so awkward bringing it up and just want to know how to bring it up again without it being too awkward?

TLDR: sister wanted me to drive her to get BC, we began talking about safety but I felt too awkward going into detail, and just wanted to know how to have a full in-depth conversation without bringing it up awkwardly.



Submitted February 07, 2021 at 01:59PM by away_throw0918 https://ift.tt/3pXZW4M
How would I (22M) go about educating my sister (17F) about safety without it being too awkward? How would I (22M) go about educating my sister (17F) about safety without it being too awkward? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.