Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mom (51F) doesn't think weight loss will help slim down my (25F) face and tummy. What should I do?

I graduated from college 1 year ago; I regret not taking advantage of the gym during my undergrad years since I was too busy panicking over passing my classes. I've been overweight my whole life and have had a potbelly; I've hovered around 140-150 pounds and I'm 5'2". There was a period of time where I lost 7 pounds in 1 month; I ended up getting a massive abscess on my groin that went away with taking antibiotics for 4 months - that scared her too.

My mom doesn't want me to exercise when I'm on my period since she thinks that will make my uterus disconnect from the rest of my body. My mom doesn't like it when I use the treadmill to burn off weight - apparently it's not good to have a skinny body when I have a chubby face (my dad nor mom have chiseled cheekbones/strong jawlines - I have crappy genetics). She insists I should do "facial exercises" since I'm insecure about my lack of cheekbones, and I should do sit-ups, not cardio to lose my stubborn tummy. If I eat dinner before the sky turns dark, she thinks I will have digestive problems from an empty stomach. If I ever help cook food, she insists on making me eat some of it when it's hot and ready (even when I'm full).

If I ever want to incorporate weights to tone up my body (even if it's at home due to the virus), I'm damn sure she will insist that won't help me and scream at me.

What should I do? Cook my own meals? Hide away from her as I'm eating my 3 meals? Move out? My job is close enough to home so I didn't move out (I don't earn much at my current job - I can't move out now).

tl;dr - my mom doesn't believe that weight loss (eating smaller meals, incorporating cardio, and incorporating strength training) will slim down my face and huge tummy; she thinks I should do sit-ups and facial exercises instead. What should I do?



Submitted September 25, 2020 at 02:53PM by TerpyWhoNeedsToVent https://ift.tt/3mSoP0m
My mom (51F) doesn't think weight loss will help slim down my (25F) face and tummy. What should I do? My mom (51F) doesn't think weight loss will help slim down my (25F) face and tummy. What should I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.