Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25F) reluctantly went on a double date at my friend’s (25F) insistence. Things didn’t work out for her and she now expects me to end things with my date (27M)

Back in February my friend Lucy begged me to go on a double date with her. Whenever she meets someone new, she always drags me to a double date because she has social anxiety and doesn’t like going on one-on-one dates as the first date. The dates usually go terribly for me because my ‘date’ is usually there as unwillingly as I am, and we never have anything in common and just sit there in awkward silence whilst my friend and her date flirt. So, when she asked me to do it again in February, I told her no. She ended up laying on the guilt trip and I gave in.

We went on a double date with Tom and his cousin Luke. It was honestly the most fun I’ve ever had on a double date with her. Luke was incredibly charming and hilarious, we immediately clicked. Tom was great too and him and Lucy seemed to hit it off as well. We ended up going on two more double dates after that before Lucy and Tom started going on solo dates. Luke and I ended up staying in touch and went on a date of our own too. Then the lockdown hit.

Luke and I kept in touch daily and we went on a few more dates recently. Yesterday, Lucy told me she wanted me to go on another double date with her. Apparently, Tom lost interest during the lockdown and stopped responding to her. I told Lucy that I couldn’t go because whilst we aren’t exclusive yet, I really like Luke and don’t want to risk things by going on a date with someone else. She got really upset by this and told me I wouldn’t even know Luke if it wasn’t for her and that I owed her one. When that didn’t work, she essentially told me she expected me to cut Luke off after his cousin ghosted her. Like I said before, I really like him, and I don’t want to do that but I’ve been friends with Lucy since I was 5 and she’s made it clear this is friendship ending for her.

I don’t know what to do now. I could just go on the date with her because it’s not like we’re exclusive or anything, but I don’t want Luke to think I’m not serious about him. What do I do?

TL;DR – My friend always drags me on double dates with her. They’re usually awful but in February we went on a double date with cousins. It didn’t work out for my friend but I’m still talking/seeing my date. My friend now wants me to go on another double date with her, but I don’t think that’s a good idea because I really like the guy I’ve been talking to. She got upset and told me I should cut him off because his cousin ghosted her.



Submitted September 25, 2020 at 04:17PM by ThrowRAdoubledate https://ift.tt/3mPl0Js
I (25F) reluctantly went on a double date at my friend’s (25F) insistence. Things didn’t work out for her and she now expects me to end things with my date (27M) I (25F) reluctantly went on a double date at my friend’s (25F) insistence. Things didn’t work out for her and she now expects me to end things with my date (27M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.