Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(soon to be) Mother in law doesn't like the fact that I am a man

Me : M (32) , Him : M(34)

I think the problem his parents , particularly his mother, have against me is that I'm a man.

He's bisexual, he used to date both men and women. I think she's trying really hard to break us up so that he can date and marry a woman.

We live in a small apartment near the city center - the kitchen is so small that you can't really do any cooking other than heating up food. We used to eat takeouts for both lunch and dinner. Usually we have our lunch separately at our own offices and we have dinner together at home.

Due to this whole situation I am working from home, he has been furloughed. We cannot go out to buy lunch / dinner every day and we cannot afford to order delivery , so we have to cook simple stuff - ramen with some frozen meatballs, heating up frozen pizza etc

His mother is not happy about this. She checks in with him every day and asks him what he eats. She even called me personally and requested that I cook fresh food for him, which is not possible since I am working two jobs. She wanted to send us food she cooked from home. I refused for her own safety. I told her that it's too dangerous for her to drive >20 miles just to send us food. I told her in advance that if she takes food over we will not open the door and even if she leaves the food by the door, we will throw it away - we just don't want her to send us food. Then she suggested that we move over to theirs - not possible since it's a rural place with poor internet.

She called me and yelled at me for "abusing" her 30+ years old fully-abled son

What is he doing ? He's asking me to understand her better, think from her perspective, try to reach an amicable solution - all those BS. He's completely spineless and just won't take a side.

I think she's just taking this opportunity to scare me off

What do you think and how should I approach this ?

TL;DR : soon-to-be mother-in-law tries her hardest to break us up so that her son would marry a girl instead.



Submitted April 06, 2020 at 05:19AM by WestCost2 https://ift.tt/2Xi6Qq6
(soon to be) Mother in law doesn't like the fact that I am a man (soon to be) Mother in law doesn't like the fact that I am a man Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 07, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.