Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(f, 24) mom(f,49) disowned me for not supporting her desire to move my little brother across the country, separating him from his siblings and father.

Hi, everyone. I can’t afford therapy right now, but would really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this massive, screwed up story. It is eating at me.

Let’s set the stage: my twin brother and I were raised by two great parents. We were fortunate enough that my dad was able to work while my mom stayed home and raised us. When my brother and I were around 10, my mom acquired a part time job, so we could move into a larger house. Things were swell for about 5 years. Then my mom got fired for bumping egos with her boss. At the same time, she decided she wasn’t happy with my father.

Simultaneously, a distant relative had a child she could not care for. My mom swooped in. She brought a new child into our lives. This was her new job. Time went by, and we all got used to having this baby around. When my dad would come home from work, it was like a shift change: he spent the rest of the evening watching my brother as my mom locked herself in her bedroom. My dad was stressed, as he couldn’t afford the house on just his income and his marriage was crumbling. Wanting to work through it, my dad asked for couple’s therapy but my mom found therapy useless as “the problem was all my dad.” Instead of proceeding with a divorce, my mom strung my dad along with the promise of working on their marriage. He was emotionally abused. Six years later they adopted this child that we all now love, and my mom's intentions of never working on the marriage became clear. Instead, she met this guy in the military and starting a long-distance relationship while still living at the house, treating my dad like crap. When I was 22, she finally let her relationship with his guy be known. My dad filed, again, for a divorce, but she didn’t comply. She wanted to move with my little brother across the country to live with her boyfriend (side note: I met the bf. He is not a bad nor dangerous guy. Just stupid) My dad refused to let my mom move with my brother, as that was his son too that he loved dearly. My mom went on to hate my brother and I for “not sticking up for her as they took her baby away.” I explained, no one is taking him away, he is just not going across the country with her. She continues to be the victim, saying we are killing her. My dad is more than reasonable, but can't agree to her taking my brother. the truth is, her entire life lacks structure. She stays up all night doing random stuff. She doesn't go out into the community.. Instead of offering my brother discipline, she screams at him, as if a 7-year-old has the same mental capacity of an adult. She doesn't make food. My dad was the only one who went grocery shipping and cooked.

My mom was my best friend going up, but even I wasn't immune to her emotional abuse. She would tell me how awful my dad was constantly starting in middle school. She is a very attractive woman, and I believe that has allowed her to become a monster that can never accept responsibility. She blames my dad for everything. She gets half his income and still won't even get a part time job so she can afford to live on her own, thus why she needs to move across the country. She has over ten siblings, and she doesn't talk to any of them because they all "wronged her" at various times. I slowly went from having huge birthday parties to having none at all as she made an excuse for everything. Am I missing something? I try to even sympathize with her, as I am so used to doing, but all she will say is "Fuck you! You're just like your father."

Tl;dr: my mom is a narcissist who wants to take my little brother across the country away from our dad, and I don't agree so she disowned me and said she is going to die.



Submitted March 31, 2020 at 10:24PM by animalbar95 https://ift.tt/2R32A9K
My(f, 24) mom(f,49) disowned me for not supporting her desire to move my little brother across the country, separating him from his siblings and father. My(f, 24) mom(f,49) disowned me for not supporting her desire to move my little brother across the country, separating him from his siblings and father. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.