Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My bf (21M) really wants to live in a van after graduation and I (19F) dont know how to tell him that I'm not sure if I want to.

TL;DR my bf wants to live the van life in a few years, but im not sure if I do. I still want to be with him, but he's really set on this being a thing. How to tell him that I'm not sure if I want this?

Ive been dating my bf for over a year now, and we get along really well. However, these past few weeks my bf has gotten really into the idea of buying a van, remodeling and traveling the world when we graduate in two years. All he does now is watch van life videos, car repair videos, and other travel vlogs in way of preparation. He has the make a model of the camper can he's going to buy all planned out, as well has the company he plans on hiring to refurbish it. He's also starting to passively aggressively judge me for not prepping for the van life with him, saying that he shouldn't be the only one planning all of this. The thing is, I never explicitly told him that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him in a van. Im guessing he assumed so because we have been camping several times in the past and both really enjoyed it. I might have expressed support for his desires to be a nomad in the past, but never any direct affirmation.

How do I tell him that I dont think thats the type of future I envisioned for myself? I'm worried that if I tell him this now, it'll kinda be like crushing his dreams. Its also a really awkward time to bring it up right now, as we are both quarantining in the same studio so even the smallest of arguments will get escalated. I'm worried too that if he finds out that I dont want to live in a van full-time, we'll have to break up. This is my first major relationship, and I really do like him. I just feel like committing to such a lifestyle right now is a bit much, I literally moved out of my parents house like a year and a half ago. But its also starting to get out of hand, especially with the comments on how I'm not prepping enough for this. This is his dream, not mine, so I dont see the need to spend hours working towards it. What should I do?



Submitted April 06, 2020 at 12:06AM by Living-Monitor https://ift.tt/2wi9YqP
My bf (21M) really wants to live in a van after graduation and I (19F) dont know how to tell him that I'm not sure if I want to. My bf (21M) really wants to live in a van after graduation and I (19F) dont know how to tell him that I'm not sure if I want to. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 06, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.