Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [29M] have been accused of buying a mail order bride by a vicious rumor spreading throughout my social group. My wife [27F] (married four months, dating about 10 months), a Polish citizen, has been confronted by one of my coworkers, who believe her to be a trafficking victim.

First, I apologize for any errors in complying with the formatting rules on this sub, I've never posted here before.

In 2019 I went to Poland as a consulting engineer for the energy grid, on an independent basis (not as part of my current job). While there I met and fell in love with a polish woman that holds a PhD from a Canadian university and was a high income earner in Poland.

I recently married her in a ceremony in Poland (before all this Covid stuff). We moved back to the USA and things in the marriage are going amazingly well.

However, at work, the rumor has been spread that she is a mail order bride. This is believable because I was an introvert and am a 5/10 at best. It first got traction among the ladies in the office and now it's clear most of the guys believe it as well. I can't be proud of my marriage, and I can't discuss it at work without getting sad or scornful and dismissive looks.

I finally discussed this with my wife and she revealed that at our office New Years party, for which she was my guest, an associate from HR cornered her in the women's restroom and gave her a pamphlet about trafficking and offered to put her in touch with a pro-bono immigration and divorce attorney.

I'm fucking livid. What are my options here? Thanks to social media this rumor has infected my entire friend group, even guys from high school that I haven't seen in years believe it or at least seem to.

My wife, for her part, has taken this well enough. She finds it a bit funny, and is very self confident. She says that if I can't take the abuse, or decide that our relationship can't find respect in America, she would sponsor me to live in Poland.

TL:DR: I married a foreign woman who is 'out of my league' and my coworkers believe she is a mail order bride of some sort.



Submitted April 01, 2020 at 06:08PM by disposable_1649 https://ift.tt/2WXG5qJ
I [29M] have been accused of buying a mail order bride by a vicious rumor spreading throughout my social group. My wife [27F] (married four months, dating about 10 months), a Polish citizen, has been confronted by one of my coworkers, who believe her to be a trafficking victim. I [29M] have been accused of buying a mail order bride by a vicious rumor spreading throughout my social group. My wife [27F] (married four months, dating about 10 months), a Polish citizen, has been confronted by one of my coworkers, who believe her to be a trafficking victim. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.