Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Best way to end a platonic friendship with a guy?

I (25F) met this guy (34M) through a mutual hobby a little over a year ago. We got along really well from the start. We text each other about every other day, grab lunch or dinner every month or two.

Unfortunately my stupid ass began to develop feelings for him. I somehow grew the balls necessary to tell him last September. Really unfortunately he didn’t reciprocate those same feelings. However, he said he still wanted to be friends, and has stuck to his word.

We still text and briefly see each other when possible. He’s gotten me birthday cards and made me a really special present for Christmas.

I was sure by the sixth month mark I wouldn’t have the same feelings, or at least they’d be greatly diminished. But, nope. Still there. I just feel stuck, and want out for incredibly selfish reasons.

I’m completely hung up on this guy who will never see me as anything more than a friend. He’s everything I could ever want in a partner, so I know I’d compare any other guy to him, which wouldn’t be fair. I can also admit how jealous I’d feel if he ever got a girlfriend. I feel guilty too, because I’m always the one needing help and emotional support. I just need to let go and I don’t know how.

Either way it’s going to hurt. He’s the absolute greatest friend a person could ask for. I should’ve said something earlier, but i didn’t. That’s on me. Just don’t know how best to approach this, or what i should tell him, and what i shouldn’t. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tl:dr- been friends w/ guy over a year. Told him 6 months ago I liked him. He didn’t feel the same way. My feelings haven’t changed since then. I need to move on, but don’t know how to let go of such a good friend.



Submitted April 01, 2020 at 05:33AM by EvieMoon94 https://ift.tt/2R6F5Ng
Best way to end a platonic friendship with a guy? Best way to end a platonic friendship with a guy? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.