Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (26F) wrong for questioning my friend's (30F) character for not taking coronavirus seriously and hooking up with a guy who has been traveling?

Hi everyone,

This sounds kind of silly - but i'm starting to call into question my friend's character after this.

I've known Emily for about 8 months and we became pretty good friends. However, it does seem like her life revolves around finding a boyfriend. That's pretty much all she talks about and she over analyzes everything to death. And she's pretty narcissistic, we pretty much talk about her and her boy problems every time we hangout.

Anyway, she met a new guy about 1.5 months ago. They've gotten pretty close. Despite our state being under a mandatory stay at home order, she was still going to his house all the time and stuff, which I guess is okay.

She was at his house about a week ago when his friend who lives in another state called him and invited him to come out to his place for the weekend. He said yes and bought a plane ticket. She was upset and told him if he goes, she's not gonna see him for a few weeks after he comes back because she can't risk getting the virus (she works at a bank and still has to go to work; she has a co-worker who is immuno-compromised; and her dad is 67 and has asthma).

He didn't take her seriously and went for the weekend. So, basically he was on 2 planes and in 2 airports. To me, airports and planes seem like a major hub for the virus since people from all across the country/world go in and out of airports and planes.

Anyway, it turns out she wasn't serious about not seeing him. She went to his house 3 days after he got home. Then she texted me today saying they spent the entire weekend together and finally had sex for the first time.

I said "wow, i hope he didn't catch the virus?" and she just brushed it off and wrote "nahhh, we're both fine"

I haven't said anything yet, but honestly it seems like a reckless thing to do? I also think she did it because just last week she was saying how he keeps telling her he's never had to wait this long to have sex with a girl and she was nervous she would lose him if she didn't sleep with him soon.

Just seeing what death and misery this virus is doing to the world makes me want to take it seriously. No way in hell would I be hanging out with/having sex with someone who just got back from domestically traveling!

Do you think I'm wrong to question her character or is what she did as objectively shocking as I feel like it is?

tl;dr - my friend is putting a guy above taking the virus seriously and is putting herself and the general public at risk and doesn't seem to care about potentially spreading the virus. I'm questioning her character. What do you think?



Submitted April 06, 2020 at 06:14PM by EmbarrassedOne0 https://ift.tt/2xTZ8I1
Am I (26F) wrong for questioning my friend's (30F) character for not taking coronavirus seriously and hooking up with a guy who has been traveling? Am I (26F) wrong for questioning my friend's (30F) character for not taking coronavirus seriously and hooking up with a guy who has been traveling? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 06, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.